Bloody Pulp Fiction

The sinister heart of custom campaign discussion.
wangho
New Flesh

Bloody Pulp Fiction

Post by wangho » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:13 pm

https://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/Bl ... lp_Fiction
https://www.moddb.com/mods/bloody-pulp-fiction

Deadland awaits Caleb as he is thrust into action once again by the determined Cabal who are stopping at nothing to kill, enslave, pillage, ravage, and bring forth unholy darkness in it's wake. Caleb, now in the present, wants nothing more than to avoid the Cabal and forget any ties to Tchernobog, but the world is Decaying as the Remnants of the Cabal spread through out the globe like a Cancer. Experience up to 18 levels of fast paced, adrenaline-soaked, bloodthirsty action in some of the most detailed and frantic maps ever made for Blood. Experience snowy cities, malls, dockside ports, graveyards, haunting forests, gigantic sea-faring ships, old forgotten towns along Route66, torture chambers, a dilapidated carnival site, Cabal strongholds, and much more.

*****Bloody Pulp Fiction Remaster (under construction) *****

**Feb 10, 2019**

Bloody Pulp Fiction will get a bit of a remaster (half of it anyway) I haven't seen my partner on the project around for a long time so it may be doubtful if he'll contribute. My episode alone contained as many maps as were made for his two episodes, so at least half of it will be worked on.
GDX Blood will be the new standard and best way to experience Bloody Pulp Fiction in widescreen and looking and Blood looking as beautiful as ever.
Every map in the first episode will be revamped with better balancing with health, ammo, etc (just means I may make the maps a bit tougher :) as well as cleaning up some of the more cryptic and awkward play mechanics (key hunts via hidden passageways) I realize that not every player is a seasoned Blood fanatic as that was the audience I originally built the addon for in mind.

SOME OF THE NEW WORK..

**NOTE**

whats seen in the new images is still beta and subject to be updated or change. All preliminary.

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Re: Bloody Pulp Fiction

Post by Daedalus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:01 pm

So you made it to us at last, Wangho.

This is a good post. Did you shuffle the monsters and items around quite a bit? That can make a substantial character change to a series of maps.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

NoOne
New Flesh

Post by NoOne » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:16 pm

Wish you best of luck with this. ;)

wangho
New Flesh

Post by wangho » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:55 pm

Daedalus wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:01 pm So you made it to us at last, Wangho.

This is a good post. Did you shuffle the monsters and items around quite a bit? That can make a substantial character change to a series of maps.
Ill probably change up some enemy and item placement. Not focusing on that too much, yet until the building is done. The very first map already does have new enemy placement worked on, however. The only old maps Ive worked on are Cabalanche, Dreck The Halls, and Far Below at the same time as working on a new map. What I love about Mapedit though, is that ANY little change you make can bring new character to a map, hopefully for the better.

Also zeroing in on little glitches and blemishes along the way (duplicate triggers that should be one-shot, aesthetics, clumsy bits) will get a lot of attention. Little things can drag a map down.

Bloatoid
New Flesh

Post by Bloatoid » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Do you plan on updating the levels your partner created if he doesn't return to the project?

wangho
New Flesh

Post by wangho » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Bloatoid wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:38 pm Do you plan on updating the levels your partner created if he doesn't return to the project?
I dont think I should. Unless people can point out some glitches or something in his maps that i could band-aid over.

Ransu
New Flesh

Post by Ransu » Sat May 18, 2019 9:22 pm

I have yet to fully play through this since I helped with some things on it a long time ago. Maybe it's about time I do that soon. :P

wangho
New Flesh

Post by wangho » Sat May 25, 2019 3:18 am

may as well just wait for the updated version coming up

HenitoKisou
Still Kicking

Post by HenitoKisou » Sat May 25, 2019 3:45 pm

Didn't noticed any bigger glitches so far except that you can override doors in Within The Woods without fire key and machine cutting deep in the corn can crash the game if you go near facing it in Cultists of the Corn, also it's possible to drop Beast in hole near area where it emerges. Texture glitch may happen on BME Mappack or rescripted versions but I'm using the one from this and apparently no longer appear due to changes of batch installer and whole launcher (it does have different date and structure inside archive:
https://www.moddb.com/games/blood/downl ... track-mods

If you could make it so gates in BPF05: Far Below can be triggered more than once because once time runs out you are locked forever and there are still enemies below with Cerberus, some fixes around the level would help too notably helping backtracking or few invisible walls are still able to cross where cultists and zombies often appear. That cage thing you ride through the chasm to other side with doors, if you lack ammo to shoot switch can be very tricky.

Swampgas features one bigger boat that is hard to get onboard but still has items inside (I pushed myself from rock side by lucky jump/collision error).

I'll look for more things one I get here since currently replaying whole thing, although rather slow this time.

wangho
New Flesh

Post by wangho » Sun May 26, 2019 9:27 pm

thanks for that reply. Did not know about the glitch with the door in Within The Woods or Cultist Of The Corn tractor glitch in the cornfield. I know it can ctash with the secret in the cornfield. Hmm..

The Far Below stuff with the door Ive already fixed and the shooting the switch across the chasm plays out a bit differently now. That room has been completely refashioned. This map got a big new paint job.

The installers and different vrsions are such a mess nowadays. With a new release I want to try and be sure it works right for everybody. So people dont call it shit because of mixing textures or hearing a looping Tchernobog sound file over and over.

Muleke_Trairao
New Flesh

Post by Muleke_Trairao » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:31 am

wangho wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:13 pm *****Bloody Pulp Fiction Remaster (under construction) *****
Hey there! Is the remaster still being worked on?

Thank you for the amazing work! ;)

Spaghetti
New Flesh

Post by Spaghetti » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:11 am

Pretty psyched to see BPF getting some more updates and love. I can say without a doubt that it will always be my favorite Blood user-made content and up there with my top 5 favorite user-made content packs in general just because of how much it seems to really mesh with the general level design and play-style of classic blood but also incorporates its own take on things. I remember just randomly stumbling upon it something back in like late 2009 sometime around October and it just gave me everything I wanted thematically and detail-wise at that time from blood, always being surprised at each level pretty much outdoing one another in different ways and there weren't all that many BS sections or encounters (as I mostly stuck with the Doom, Duke, and Quake stuff at that time I had grown very tired of suddenly something suddenly being a slaughter wad for lack of better ideas) aside from very beginning of the first episodes first map and potentially the part where you have to kill the beast for a key in the backlot map (Due to my own stupidity of always playing on well done or extra crispy and wasting too much vital ammo on other stuff messing around.) I still remember getting annoyed with it too because of how funky the installer for the custom textures and sounds were for on my xp machine and dosbox only to get to swapgas and be met with the ambient noise of tchernbog chanting "asshole" repeatedly and a number of textures being substituted for the beasts sprite set with his ass out and laughing a bit before realizing that this probably isn't the way things are supposed to look and that I'll need to reinstall it and keep a fresh blood install separate in case it decides to crash or corrupt itself .

But, long nostalgic diatribe aside, I hope this is still getting worked on and maybe having just a few more maps added because the only things I really remember hating about it was how suddenly and abruptly the second and third episodes ended. Also I think it would be pretty cool to see a pet semetary inspired map put in here because I always liked how you implemented the children of the corn and manos the hands of fate into BPF07 and BPF04.

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:36 pm

Strange coincidence: I started bpf just last week, really getting into it while taking my time (it's like when you savour a good wine). I thought I'd pop in the Altar after a long night ..and voila: a remaster is in the making.
The gods are pleased.
Dixit Lizzieborden