Modifying Blood's art for creative purposes.
crawling_dead
New Flesh

Post by crawling_dead » Sun May 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Last edited by crawling_dead on Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Re: two tracks i made using sound files from blood

Post by Dimebog » Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 pm

This is very interesting, I'm digging the vibe and production. Very crispy and smooth at the same time. Didn't care much for the solo at the end of "Blood" but the laugh sample fit very well. I liked the other song better.

Good job, seven out of ten severed hands.

crawling_dead
New Flesh

Post by crawling_dead » Mon May 25, 2020 5:52 am

yeah, the solo was very punk rock, i thought, haha. i wanted it to sound mental. thanks for listening.

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog » Mon May 25, 2020 8:17 am

Yeah, punk really does nothing for me. I like dissonance and chaotic juxtapositions of major over minor, especially when it is done in a rhythmically disjointed fashion like the solo starting at around 3 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFgOOMRFNVE

That's what your solo reminded me of, but felt too neatly tied up and maybe too happy sounding for my taste. It really comes down to personal taste - I can hear that the solo fits very well for what it is.

crawling_dead
New Flesh

Post by crawling_dead » Mon May 25, 2020 8:33 am

to me it's "happy" the same way that setting cultists on fire makes me happy, you know? i like a lot of noise rock and hardcore punk too i guess. i try to meld things that don't necessarily go together.

oh, and i definitely dig meshuggah! it's funny you'd link that track. i've been on a huge nothing kick lately.

have you heard neurosis? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J5U6vLSwrQ

they started out as a hardcore punk band. one of my all time favs.

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog » Mon May 25, 2020 8:45 am

I understand the aesthetic, it just rubs me the wrong way. Punk/hardcore are the only genres I actively avoid, and also things that have "core" in the name.

I think I was introduced to Neurosis before as well. I can dig that, the slower riffs have a very "stoner" feel which I like.