The Altar of Stone Dumpster Fire - Season 1

Off-topic discussion about anything in the universe and beyond which isn't Blood.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Re: The Altar of Stone Dumpster Fire - Season 1s

Post by Dimebog » Fri May 10, 2019 8:58 am

So making the Brutal BLOOD mod would be easy as making each enemy die by spawning additional blood splatters, 4 severed hands, 3 legs, at least two sets of spleens and guts and why not couple of more heads each. Should be 20 minutes of work to implement. I don't know if it would make sense for the already existing alternate death animations from voodoo doll, flare gun and tesla...

Making each death equally explosive and over-the-top would kind of defeat the purpose of having different weapon powers starting from pithfork which could disembowel or explode enemies a-la Brutal DOOM, but wouldn't that take away from the feeling of the more powerful weapons in the roster?

Napalm and TNT already had that special feeling of blowing enemies up into multiple chunks, and that kind of made them special. if every weapon did it, would be kind of "meh". BLOOD is already creative enough with its various deaths, and i beg to differ that its any less gory than Brutal DOOM. BD did something that BLOOD perfected a long ago if you ask me.

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Re: The Altar of Stone Dumpster Fire - Season 1

Post by Dimebog » Fri May 10, 2019 9:08 am

That said, I would be curious to see how BLOOD would feel with 25% more blood sprays (the ones that eventually form puddles on the ground), One has to be careful though, until and if sprite limitations ever get increased or lifted in nBlood.

Umnir
Still Kicking

Post by Umnir » Fri May 10, 2019 10:56 am

Brutal Doom does great balance with explosive weapons IMO. It also adds grenades (vs. Blood TNT) that are great asset when dealing with big horde of enemies.

Pitchfork could be used to stick the enemy and maybe using the corpse as bullet sponge or tossing the enemy. :D

Krypto
New Flesh

Post by Krypto » Fri May 10, 2019 6:59 pm

Hey Umnir nice to see you here.

Have you been on any recent wild man treks in the countryside? A fresh batch of pics would be excellent :mrgreen:

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Fri May 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Krypto! Where have you been?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

Umnir
Still Kicking

Post by Umnir » Fri May 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Krypto wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:59 pm Hey Umnir nice to see you here.

Have you been on any recent wild man treks in the countryside? A fresh batch of pics would be excellent :mrgreen:
Thanks bruh. I live close to the wilderness but I rarely venture far these days. Mostly barbeque stuff. I have been thinking of a walk in national park before summer so if I do I will snap some pics for sure but days are busy these days.

Krypto
New Flesh

Post by Krypto » Fri May 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Daedalus wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:00 pm Krypto! Where have you been?
I'm going through challenging times in real life with a lot of things on my mind, on such occasions I may retreat into solitude for a while.

Umnir
Still Kicking

Post by Umnir » Fri May 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Krypto wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:25 pm
Daedalus wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:00 pm Krypto! Where have you been?
I'm going through challenging times in real life with a lot of things on my mind, on such occasions I may retreat into solitude for a while.
ie every weekend getting beers cold and zeroing yourself

Krypto
New Flesh

Post by Krypto » Sat May 11, 2019 7:28 am

Nah for myself I go into a meditative state and self-reflect about life :mrgreen:
Fil wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:53 am That reminds me, has anybody been following Prodeus?
Hey Fil formerly known as oBe =)

I've watched gameplay footage and I'm not impressed at the moment, it looks like a very generic shooter with a Doom 2016 aesthetic and Doom style of gameplay but nothing stands out to differentiate it or instill excitement from a game design perspective. The pace looks relatively fast but it lacks any challenge, it looks like you can mow down enemies without any tactical depth required, such as having to prioritize targets based on their threat level, swap between weapons depending on the situation or be cautious with your movement. I like challenge in my videogames, specifically oldschool FPS where you actually need to think tactically and have sharp reflexes. The HUD looks like shit, the default takes up too much of the screen, who the fuck wants a visor obscuring their vision and the numbers look too big and jarring, it should have a scaling option so it can be tweaked to user preference, I am aware the footage shown so far is pre Alpha but the design choice is still baffling.

I always thought Kickstarters were bollocks as I don't agree with the hierarchical reward system, if you give us more money you'll get special exclusive bonuses that won't be available elsewhere and will cost more then the actual fucking game at release xD

Fil
The Mad Scientist

Post by Fil » Sat May 11, 2019 10:23 am

Damn it, now you're making me feel bad for supporting it! :D

Tell you the truth, I haven't really given much thought to the gameplay. And yeah the hud does look quite intrusive.

I guess I'm a sucker for the hifi/lofi aesthetics. Their usage of sprites with many angles and more complex particle systems makes me think about how Build could have evolved if 'true' 3D hadn't taken the reins.

Krypto
New Flesh

Post by Krypto » Sun May 12, 2019 9:14 am

I agree the sci-fi aesthetic and visual design of the game is the most appealing aspect so far, the sprite and particle work is slick and the blood effects are great despite being over the top.

Umnir
Still Kicking

Post by Umnir » Fri May 31, 2019 7:13 pm

Has anyone played Dusk and if so what do you think of it? Seems to have favorable reviews.

TheWolfArokh
New Flesh

Post by TheWolfArokh » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:42 pm

BEHOLD!

You know me better by my previous name, Drakan. Where to begin...

I suppose I can start off explaining my own name change. It was at a point where it had been so long since I had bathed in Blood that I felt an urge to re-brand myself a bit more... loosely you could say, as at the time I felt I had drifted to far apart from it, for a time, to call myself a bloodite. Through the powers of Twitch TV as well as the ongoing remaster "Fresh Supply", my interest has been all but invigorated, and I have been amassing bodies of cultists and zombies once again amidst The Way Of All Flesh once more. My journey is currently on Hiatus as duties of real life call. I shall return home soon enough and pick up my shotgun and dynamite where I left off, among other endeavors.

Name change ramble aside... Yes, I am alive and well. I've been thoroughly been kept amused through the interest of Twitch and YouTube alike among other mundane day to day goings on. Reality has had it's harshest of lessons and reminders at a point, but that's life I suppose. If nothing else, for the moment, it's good to see some of Posty's remaining members loyal to the cause here.

Now, what's this I spy? Talk of "Brutal Blood"? Hm... Now... I do agree that Blood's gore does show it's age, given that tech and graphics age over time...obviously...but to brutalize it? I could see...maybe...upping the ante, surely, but within reason. Perhaps update organ sprites? Certainly more stylized blood flow and believable blood puddles. The sort of other gore mods in Doom that allow extra particles to indulge in a splatter fest of greater proportions. Perhaps more along the lines of "Beautiful Doom" or Smooth Doom styled gore. I guess brutalizing it just doesn't strike me as necessary for Blood. Though I wouldn't argue against the idea of randomized cultists and new variants of Blood's roster. ...as well as fixing the Gargoyle flight code and AI in general, too.

Now, what I recall of Dusk. Gameplay certainly does well to mimic the old classic gameplay. Interesting gimmicks at times, too. But... hm... I need to play the first two episodes once again before I confront the final showdown in Episode 3. Hoping it will be worth it. I eventually need to grab hold of Ion Maiden and Amid Evil, too.

I have little else on my mind for now. Tata, for now. :)

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Greetings Drakan!

It's good to see you here. Things are still quite humble for now, but in time this place shall rise to be a sombre empire, of which each person here will be a pillar.

I think that makes for almost the entire family making at least one appearance.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:30 pm

Good to see you again, Drakan! I don't think I can get used to your new name, though.

I hope you enjoy our new abode.