NBlood thread

Worship, strategy, screamshots, community discussion, fan art, and everything else.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Re: NBlood thread

Post by Dimebog » Thu May 23, 2019 8:44 am

K+M work perfectly for me in NBlood. What are you experiencing?

mouth
Still Kicking

Post by mouth » Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 am

Dimebog wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:44 am
K+M work perfectly for me in NBlood. What are you experiencing?
Oh no it works well, just aiming feels slightly better in FS to me, it's really not a huge deal at all. Probably due to the overall faster pace feel. In a way, FS to me is like "junk food" and NBlood would be real home cooked meal. Yeah, I think that analogy feels right to me.

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog » Thu May 23, 2019 9:27 am

Try increasing FoV for that feel you might be describing.

Also, auto-aim and aiming in general is completely broken in FS. You can easily miss with napalm projectiles or even the voodoo doll.

mouth
Still Kicking

Post by mouth » Thu May 23, 2019 9:29 am

Dimebog wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:27 am
Also, auto-aim and aiming in general is completely broken in FS. You can easily miss with napalm projectiles or even the voodoo doll.
Agreed. Auto aim sucks in FS. I don't like increasing FOV, I like keeping it original.

TheWolfArokh
New Flesh

Post by TheWolfArokh » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 am

Does NBlood weed out that difficulty glitch on Extra Crispy? I'd like to try my hand at that setting again in the future, even if with saving involved. :mrgreen:

I've touched on it at length myself, at least part way into Episode 2. Uh... I'm not the most well versed individual at speculating nuance between ports but... I will say nBlood feels as close to Dosbox as it gets. Been really enjoying it thus far. I'm keeping Fresh Supply on hand for Bloodbath purposes for the time being.

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm

It is said that NBlood replicates Blood's bugs as well in an attempt to be entirely faithful.

I still have yet to look into this properly for myself, but both NBlood and BloodGDX are said to be perfect or near perfect replications of Blood, with NBlood pulling ahead ever so slightly. BloodGDX is a little more flexible with regards to fixing bugs that were in the original, so that might be your killing field of choice if that bug... bugs you.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

TheWolfArokh
New Flesh

Post by TheWolfArokh » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:24 pm

Then thus the decision is made. I shall romp through NBlood as it stands... then switch to GDX for a more saucy approach on Extra Crispy.

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:23 pm

Actually NBlood doesn't replicate the difficulty bug.