Altar of Stone Forums - Suggestion Box

Meta discussion and notifications regarding the website and its operation.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Altar of Stone Forums - Suggestion Box

Post by Daedalus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:04 pm

Greetings.

Should you have any ideas for the site, or anything on your personal "wishlist" pertaining to Blood that you'd like to see, let us know here and we'll see what can be done.

I obviously cannot offer any guarantees, but will try to implement any reasonable requests. Be sure to read the thread detailing what's coming to the site before posting, though!

Farewell for now!
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

bfunk_101
New Flesh

Re: Altar of Stone Forums - Suggestion Box

Post by bfunk_101 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:38 am

larger pixel photos for the user avatar? like enough to upload a photo from a phone of a game character

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:01 pm

The board should now allow for a picture of any size to be uploaded. The result should be satisfactory, though for best results it's probably advisable to scale it somewhere between 20px - 140px yourself.

Good suggestion. Let me know if you encounter any difficulties.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.

Crunatus
New Flesh

Post by Crunatus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:04 pm

Uploading screenshots of Blood require you to downscale the image to under 960x540pixels. Can we get screenshot size to be Maximum, 960x540 pixels? Or higher!

That's not important to me as much as this suggestion is. I've always loved the Cultist tongue (Domus Durbentia) and hope to have a board, where we can discuss the language, and talk about some words we made up ourselves as fans. I've come up with some basic greetings and ways of referring to people. This would be a great place to share that.
-Crunatus; Alaeo!

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:11 pm

I must spend some hours within a hollow grave, but when I arise, I will definitely look into the first matter.

Regarding Domus Durbentia - that's a fun request. It seems rather niche to have an entire board dedicated to it, though, since I can only immediately imagine about five or so threads ever being created surrounding it. I think the best approach for now would be a thread discussing your passion in that regard.

Crunatus
New Flesh

Post by Crunatus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:56 pm

Daedalus wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:11 pm I must spend some hours within a hollow grave, but when I arise, I will definitely look into the first matter.

Regarding Domus Durbentia - that's a fun request. It seems rather niche to have an entire board dedicated to it, though, since I can only immediately imagine about five or so threads ever being created surrounding it. I think the best approach for now would be a thread discussing your passion in that regard.
Thank you for the suggestion. I made a thread about it in the casual Blood board. Here's the link:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49
-Crunatus; Alaeo!

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:49 pm

Crunatus wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:04 pm Uploading screenshots of Blood require you to downscale the image to under 960x540pixels. Can we get screenshot size to be Maximum, 960x540 pixels? Or higher!
Hi Crunatus. I looked into this today. Can you please specify what exactly your experience is and in what way it's falling short of your desires?

The current functionality should be that you can upload an image up to 2.5 MB's in size, but note that the image will scale to fit the individual user's display. I am opposed to thumbnails in a forum context and any large images can be opened in a separate tab to see their full size, if the image scale is beyond what a user's display on the forum is capable of.

I've also had negative experiences with scrolling images on forums in the past, since it feels really easy to get lost in.

I think this is the best solution since it's the cleanest and least obtrusive to viewers.

Crunatus
New Flesh

Post by Crunatus » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:26 am

Daedalus wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:49 pm
Crunatus wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:04 pm Uploading screenshots of Blood require you to downscale the image to under 960x540pixels. Can we get screenshot size to be Maximum, 960x540 pixels? Or higher!
Hi Crunatus. I looked into this today. Can you please specify what exactly your experience is and in what way it's falling short of your desires?

The current functionality should be that you can upload an image up to 2.5 MB's in size, but note that the image will scale to fit the individual user's display. I am opposed to thumbnails in a forum context and any large images can be opened in a separate tab to see their full size, if the image scale is beyond what a user's display on the forum is capable of.

I've also had negative experiences with scrolling images on forums in the past, since it feels really easy to get lost in.

I think this is the best solution since it's the cleanest and least obtrusive to viewers.
I attempted to upload 1920x1080 Blood gameplay screenshots. The website barred me from using them because were too big in shape. So I down-scaled em to half the resolution. Or 960x540 pixels. The website said that was too big as well. I cut the resolution in half again; which then your website allowed me to upload them. The image space at 1920x1080 was 800 Kilobytes, and the downscaled images that finally worked with the site was 184 Kilobytes. Also, an error that occurred was that I couldn't upload more than 3 screenshots. Unlike the image size, the website didn't warn me about it. Everytime I attempted a new screenshot upload it would merely take me back to post editor and cap it at 3 screenshots.
-Crunatus; Alaeo!

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:40 am

Those issues were actually resolved by the time you reported them, but thank you for doing so, anyway. Feel free to re-post your screenshots as large as you'd like.

Umnir
Still Kicking

Post by Umnir » Fri May 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Forum chat box would be really cool. Or would that be too old fashioned?

Umnir
Still Kicking

Post by Umnir » Fri May 10, 2019 4:46 pm

Also like feature for those moments of appreciation but reply is bit too much moments

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog » Fri May 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Umnir wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:46 pm Also like feature for those moments of appreciation but reply is bit too much moments
You mean something like an "upvote" or a "like" button?

Umnir
Still Kicking

Post by Umnir » Fri May 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Like button, yes

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Sun May 12, 2019 11:36 am

Greetings Umnir.

After some consideration, I decided that chat's not necessarily off the table, but I definitely don't want it right now. This forum's still in its infancy, and I think its growth could potentially be stunted if there were a chat client introduced, since that discourages people from posting forum posts and steers them towards quickly dropping one-liners in chat. I'll definitely reconsider it if the forum ever gathers a large following and the population is stable.

A like feature sounds good. I'm still very busy right now, but I'll check out some options in the coming weeks.

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:44 pm

Daedalus wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:36 am Greetings Umnir.

After some consideration, I decided that chat's not necessarily off the table, but I definitely don't want it right now. This forum's still in its infancy, and I think its growth could potentially be stunted if there were a chat client introduced, since that discourages people from posting forum posts and steers them towards quickly dropping one-liners in chat. I'll definitely reconsider it if the forum ever gathers a large following and the population is stable.

A like feature sounds good. I'm still very busy right now, but I'll check out some options in the coming weeks.
Yeah a like option would be way cool
Dixit Lizzieborden