Altar of Stone Forums - Suggestion Box

Meta discussion and notifications regarding the website and its operation.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Re: Altar of Stone Forums - Suggestion Box

Post by Daedalus » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:31 am

Dead Reckoner wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:47 pm https://blood.freeminded.de has been hacked for a while and there's something sketchy going on with the file sizes, so there's no large, dedicated site for custom Blood content left anymore. Is an A of S map hosting service still planned? There's a big void to be filled now.
Greetings. This has been on my radar for quite some time. It is a tremendous problem that Blood is currently suffering from, and it's easily in my top five Blood tasks that I need to get done.

The problem is that it is something that I want to be done right. As I've declared in the past, I'm very tired of Blood receiving the tiniest scraps of attention and effort, and I would very much like to provide people a great experience with the site. The simple truth is that I am not a professional web developer, and so everything I am doing here is self taught and a passion project. I am getting ahead, but things naturally demand a lot of time, and I have duties beyond the door between worlds as well.

It would be fantastic if a skilled web developer were to spring out of the ground and kindly volunteer for the task, but unfortunately I don't know a single skilled web dev in all of Blood. I am also starting to strongly consider putting down a good wad of cash to get the remainder of the site up, since I consider the map repository deficit to be very important, but that too will have to wait, since I simply won't have money to set aside for "fun" things like that for the next few months (and naturally it would cost quite a bit).

My attempts to have people use the forum for map hosting were a complete failure, so that is not a good enough solution. It will have to be a fairly clean page that is easy to use in order to attract people.

Depending on how long things take, I might resort to making a fairly scruffy page that is functional in the short term, but the sad reality is that unless an anonymous benefactor in the form of a donor or a skilled web dev with too much spare time appear, there is nothing I can do about it immediately.

I am on it. It's a lifelong dream of mine. It will be great, but as ever with Blood, it'll take no small measure of patience.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Re: Altar of Stone Forums - Suggestion Box

Post by Lizzieborden » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:28 am

Depending on how long things take, I might resort to making a fairly scruffy page that is functional in the short term, but the sad reality is that unless an anonymous benefactor in the form of a donor or a skilled web dev with too much spare time appear, there is nothing I can do about it immediately.
Perhaps we cold get a crowd funding thingie going, yes?
How much of a cash infusion would be needed?
Dixit Lizzieborden