bloodites and sports

Off-topic discussion about anything in the universe and beyond which isn't Blood.
Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

bloodites and sports

Post by Lizzieborden » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:43 pm

Any bloodites into sports? Pray, tell.
Moi: Horse riding, Ski, diving , figure skating,

Natalie: gymnastics, figure skating, ski

Et vous autres?
Dixit Lizzieborden

Dead Reckoner
Pink on the Inside

Re: bloodites and sports

Post by Dead Reckoner » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:59 pm

Those all sound like a lot of fun. For me, it's solitary sports like swimming, running, callisthenics, some weight lifting and hiking. Never played or followed team sports that much.

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:16 pm

I do some weight lifting too (many reps, low wieght) for tone and curves. Esp leg lifts.
I assume you're more into the few reps routine to beef up (to judge from your pics).
Dixit Lizzieborden

Dead Reckoner
Pink on the Inside

Post by Dead Reckoner » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:36 pm

I do the lifting at home and only have a light pair of dumbbells available, so it's mostly bodyweight exercises like pushups, pull-ups, etc. It's still challenging enough that I'm only able to do a low number of reps, as long as the "negative" phase of the lift, ie lowering the body to the floor during a pushup, is performed in a slow and controlled manner, making it much harder.

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:48 am

how did ya beef up those amazing bicpes or yours ? dumbbells? Steroids?
same for the chest. I want specifics !!
Natalie saw your p[ics too and even though she is pure lesbie, she appreciates beauty . She says you should pose for art classes !! (I Iused to do that btw when I was 15)
New sport i wanna try when i get back to Quebec: Snowboarding. It's totally diff from skiing (which uses sideways hip moves , instead of back/forth moves on snow board)
Dixit Lizzieborden

Status Cruo
Still Kicking

Post by Status Cruo » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:20 am

I'm allergic to sports. I was the kid who purposely played bad just so no one would welcome me in any team from any discipline. Howbeit, I worked out quite heavily for the health benefits till I ruined a couple discs. More recently I discovered professional arm wrestling on youtube and I can honestly say I've been hooked ever since.

Hoping to see a restored Cyplenkov go after Levan, possibly also Schoolboy taking on Larratt at some point.

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:58 pm

I didn't even know there was professional arm wrestling.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:11 pm

when i think of arm wrestling. i am reminded of the scene in The FLY flick where a guy breaks his forearm and a bone sticks out...Brrr...
Dixit Lizzieborden

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:13 pm

Gross.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

Dead Reckoner
Pink on the Inside

Post by Dead Reckoner » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:15 pm

Lizzieborden wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:48 am how did ya beef up those amazing bicpes or yours ? dumbbells? Steroids?
same for the chest. I want specifics !!
Natalie saw your p[ics too and even though she is pure lesbie, she appreciates beauty . She says you should pose for art classes !! (I Iused to do that btw when I was 15)
New sport i wanna try when i get back to Quebec: Snowboarding. It's totally diff from skiing (which uses sideways hip moves , instead of back/forth moves on snow board)
Thanks for the kind words! My usual chest routine is 3 sets of dips, 3 sets decline pushups, 3 sets regular pushups. As many reps as I can per set till failure, 1-2 minutes between each set. If you have access to weights, then a bench press would be equivalent to push-ups. Swimming during the warmer months also contributed.

For back and biceps, I mainly do pull-ups/chin-ups and some inverted rows. Most people find rows easier than pull-ups because there's support from the feet being on the ground, but strangely for me they're harder. I also add twisting curls with dumbbells to isolate biceps because the above compound exercises don't stimulate them fully. For isolating triceps, I do bodyweight skullcrushers and kickbacks with dumbbells.

For core/abdomen, my main exercise is reverse crunches. More effective and much less tedious than crunches or sit-ups. The "ab wheel" is also a helpful tool.

I add a pair of dumbbells for most lower body/leg exercises, including split squats, hip thrust, etc. These I find most helpful for overall well-being and reversing postural degradation from the modern lifestyle. Running is also good, but again, I usually only run during the warmer parts of the year.

There's more advanced bodyweight exercises like handstands which I'm far from being able to perform, but hopefully one day.

I guess I should start doing something for forearms if I'm to have any hope at arm wrestling!