Which Difficulty Do You Favour?

Worship, strategy, screamshots, community discussion, fan art, and everything else.

Which Difficulty Is Your Favourite?

Still Kicking
No votes
Pink on the Inside
No votes
Lightly Broiled
14%
Well Done
29%
Extra Crispy
57%

Total votes: 7

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Which Difficulty Do You Favour?

Post by Daedalus » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:42 pm

Greetings.

Like it says on the tin - which difficulty is your pleasure in Blood? Do you alternate between any? This thread is not intended to be competitive, but rather a simple exercise in curiosity. There's no shame if you find peace and tranquility in Still Kicking. ;)

The impression I've gotten over the years is that 'Well Done' is the sweet spot for the majority of players. As for myself, I'm a stalwart with regards to difficulty, and am firmly trapped in the halls of Extra Crispy.

How about you?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Re: Which Difficulty Do You Favour?

Post by Lizzieborden » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:51 pm

Holy Mother of God...
Some peeps here play on extra crispy? As civvie put it once: its "like playing a game of mine craft while lit on fucking fire!"
Well done is as high as I go...end even then i always manage to break a nail as i hammer at my hapless LMB.

I hope we can do more polls like this...s'fun!
Dixit Lizzieborden

Dead Reckoner
Pink on the Inside

Post by Dead Reckoner » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:02 am

Almost always Well Done for whenever I've played the past 10+ years. To me it strikes the perfect balance for seasoned players without making the enemies too damage-spongy unlike Extra Crispy.

thanoss
New Flesh

Post by thanoss » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:23 pm

Hi to everyone.A small help if anyone knows.how you deal with scale damage bug playing blood with nblood?i noticed that when you go to next level damage you receive is like playing it on lightly broiled,not on extra crispy(i like playing it only on extra crispy).Unfortunately bug is present and when you save your game at the end of level so when it loads you next level you have passed in a situation playing it on lightly broiled.On one unit whole blood bug was present but if you managed to pass level and reach to the end of it making your save there,when it was loading you next level you were playing again on extra crispy.That thing doesnt happen on nblood,bug remains :(

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:34 pm

Greetings and welcome, Thanoss. Please try starting a new game on Extra Crispy before loading and see if that has any effect.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.

thanoss
New Flesh

Post by thanoss » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:33 pm

Daedalus wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:34 pm Greetings and welcome, Thanoss. Please try starting a new game on Extra Crispy before loading and see if that has any effect.
Greetings Daedalus, thank you for welcoming.I followed your advice and yes it works!!!Started a new game on extra crispy and then made loading and game continues on extra crispy difficulty.Check is made by damage caused from axe zombies which is 26 hit points without armor on extra crispy,my case damage was falling on 18 hit points which is caused on medium difficulty,so i said things are not right here.With your solution things are back to normal.I was so dissapointed i was thinking uninstall nblood and play ouwb which is very slow on my pc thanks to your solution i will continue with nblood.Thank you a lot :)
Something similar on nblood source port is every time i start it need to put vsync on(tearing without it is very annoying)having no importance was on already like not to be that option recognizable.
I apologize for my english,are not perfect.

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:39 am

I am pleased you can now experience Blood at its most deadly. I get quite a lot of screen tears as well, though I find that vsync causes quite a performance hit on my NBlood. Don't worry about your English - I can understand you.

thanoss
New Flesh

Post by thanoss » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:45 pm

Daedalus wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:39 am I am pleased you can now experience Blood at its most deadly. I get quite a lot of screen tears as well, though I find that vsync causes quite a performance hit on my NBlood. Don't worry about your English - I can understand you.
Vsync is ok on me but dont play it on higher resolution,just 1024*768 software(nblood always).What option do you have on auto-aim?Mine is always which i think in my opinion is the option and for the OUWB.I put it once off on Extra Crispy and the game is really unplayable.Its like Extra Crispy*5.

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:03 pm

I play with the default auto-aim rules of Blood.