NBlood thread

Worship, strategy, screamshots, community discussion, fan art, and everything else.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Re: NBlood thread

Post by Dimebog » Thu May 23, 2019 8:44 am

K+M work perfectly for me in NBlood. What are you experiencing?

mouth
Still Kicking

Post by mouth » Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 am

Dimebog wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:44 am K+M work perfectly for me in NBlood. What are you experiencing?
Oh no it works well, just aiming feels slightly better in FS to me, it's really not a huge deal at all. Probably due to the overall faster pace feel. In a way, FS to me is like "junk food" and NBlood would be real home cooked meal. Yeah, I think that analogy feels right to me.

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog » Thu May 23, 2019 9:27 am

Try increasing FoV for that feel you might be describing.

Also, auto-aim and aiming in general is completely broken in FS. You can easily miss with napalm projectiles or even the voodoo doll.

mouth
Still Kicking

Post by mouth » Thu May 23, 2019 9:29 am

Dimebog wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:27 am Also, auto-aim and aiming in general is completely broken in FS. You can easily miss with napalm projectiles or even the voodoo doll.
Agreed. Auto aim sucks in FS. I don't like increasing FOV, I like keeping it original.

TheWolfArokh
New Flesh

Post by TheWolfArokh » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 am

Does NBlood weed out that difficulty glitch on Extra Crispy? I'd like to try my hand at that setting again in the future, even if with saving involved. :mrgreen:

I've touched on it at length myself, at least part way into Episode 2. Uh... I'm not the most well versed individual at speculating nuance between ports but... I will say nBlood feels as close to Dosbox as it gets. Been really enjoying it thus far. I'm keeping Fresh Supply on hand for Bloodbath purposes for the time being.

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm

It is said that NBlood replicates Blood's bugs as well in an attempt to be entirely faithful.

I still have yet to look into this properly for myself, but both NBlood and BloodGDX are said to be perfect or near perfect replications of Blood, with NBlood pulling ahead ever so slightly. BloodGDX is a little more flexible with regards to fixing bugs that were in the original, so that might be your killing field of choice if that bug... bugs you.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

TheWolfArokh
New Flesh

Post by TheWolfArokh » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:24 pm

Then thus the decision is made. I shall romp through NBlood as it stands... then switch to GDX for a more saucy approach on Extra Crispy.

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:23 pm

Actually NBlood doesn't replicate the difficulty bug.

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:23 pm

Dimebog wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:20 am FS is abysmally inaccurate to BLOOD. NBlood provides the most authentic experience - I'd even go so far to say it's 1:1 to DOS BLOOD. Especially when you select "software" renderer instead of "polymost". You even get that skewy sprites and distorted viewport effect when you aim up and down using software mode. Input is extremely responsive and performance is flawless. MIDI music reproduction in NBlood is somewhat inaccurate and somewhat broken and that should be looked into, along with QoL improvements for loading user-made addons without having to rename or replace files.

GDX doesn't reproduce colours and shading properly but other than that the mechanics are on point. Mouse input does not feel very smooth at all but that seems to be a problem not all people have or notice. It features additional options like custom difficulty system and user-made content works in a much more plug-and-play fashion. Multiplayer is slightly worse optimized compared to NBlood but this is somewhat anecdotal.

The only appeal of FS other than people having paid for it and desperately wanting it to be good, is support for up to 8 people in a single game. Too bad that game is not BLOOD but a KEX engine total conversion that manages little more than to load original assets (well, most of them) and appear like BLOOD at first glance. Even if they ever fix all the fatal bugs, the game is still never going to feel anything like the real thing, since the authors never intended to replicate physics nor do I think they would be competent to undertake such a task.

In summary, NBlood is your best choice at the moment for both single and multiplayer and with the upcoming updates and improvements, I believe it will cement its position as the most superior BLOOD port available.
Agreed. Nblood has been my Go To port when I want accuracy. After playing blood on my retro 98 pc for the last 2 years, I know blood fairly well and immediately spotted the FS issues. BuildGDX is good for checking mods (less hassle), but Nblood IMO is the way to go for a smooth but ACCURATE blood experience
Dixit Lizzieborden

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:42 pm

Lizzieborden wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:23 pm ... Nblood IMO is the way to go for a smooth but ACCURATE blood experience
You are well on your way to earning high Altar Points™.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:33 pm

Daedalus wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:42 pm
Lizzieborden wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:23 pm ... Nblood IMO is the way to go for a smooth but ACCURATE blood experience
You are well on your way to earning high Altar Points™.
*blushing*
Dixit Lizzieborden

RoosterMange
Still Kicking

Re: NBlood thread/JFBlood

Post by RoosterMange » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:47 am

Does anyone here use JFBlood for 3DS? Overall it's a pretty amazing port, and I've played through every episode in the base game on it with no issue. Post Mortem also worked very well, and I've played a little bit of Deathwish on it. Cryptic Passage was working quite well too until I got to the exit of Lost Monastery and made my way to Steam Boat.

For whatever reason, Steam Boat specifically has issues and crashes every time I try to load it, even if I load it as a usermap. I was wondering if anyone else has used this port and experienced the same issue or has found a workaround. My guess is that Cryptic.ini needs to be tweaked somehow, or it's an issue with the port itself.
"A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me." -Pat The Bunny

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:55 am

Did you make a mistake in replying to this thread?

RoosterMange
Still Kicking

Post by RoosterMange » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:24 pm

No, I figured this would be the best thread to post this in because JFBlood is just NBlood ported to 3ds. I'd assume it functions largely the same way. If there's a better thread to ask about this in, do let me know and I'll take this question over there. Steamboat seems to be the only level having this issue where it crashes every time I try to load.
"A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me." -Pat The Bunny

Corvin
Still Kicking

Post by Corvin » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:57 am

JFBlood on the 3ds is NBlood, is that true?

Or did NBlood use JFBuild in it?