Mapedit Guides?

Discussion and queries about building worlds in Blood.
Terrorblades
New Flesh

Mapedit Guides?

Post by Terrorblades » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:08 pm

Greetings! I am new here, and appologies if this is posted in the wrong portion in the Forum!

I felt inspired to make Maps for Blood but I have difficulty finding a good guide to follow in order to make maps.

So I wonder if anyone has any good guides to make Blood maps?

Thanks in advance!

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Re: Mapedit Guides?

Post by Daedalus » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Welcome, young acolyte. I have renamed your thread in order to offer a little transparency for onlookers.

This is a brave path you are considering to take. I do not think there exists any guide that is perfect, but there are certainly numerous tools that'll prevent you from stumbling around in darkness needlessly.

Firstly, in your Blood folder you will find MAPEDIT.TXT - while somewhat crude, this document does contain core information which will help you find your feet.

If videos are to your liking, Austin Adams has some content that may help you make sense of things:

ILMHB has a website which contains some decent references, as well as some videos. The site lends itself to a more intermediate or advanced level of mapping, so it may make an initiate's head spin, but see if it provides you with value: http://www.baitd.bloodgame.ru/bme.htm

You can also wait until the year 2045, when I create a guide.

In the meantime, I am lurking in this dark domain for many hours of the day, and if your faith is pure and you need assistance, call on me and I will aid you as I can.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:28 pm

Terrorblades
Wish I had the courage and wherewithal to create maps. If you need a beta tester, lemme know!
Dixit Lizzieborden

Terrorblades
New Flesh

Post by Terrorblades » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:00 am

Daedalus wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:48 pm Welcome, young acolyte. I have renamed your thread in order to offer a little transparency for onlookers.

This is a brave path you are considering to take. I do not think there exists any guide that is perfect, but there are certainly numerous tools that'll prevent you from stumbling around in darkness needlessly.

Firstly, in your Blood folder you will find MAPEDIT.TXT - while somewhat crude, this document does contain core information which will help you find your feet.

If videos are to your liking, Austin Adams has some content that may help you make sense of things:

ILMHB has a website which contains some decent references, as well as some videos. The site lends itself to a more intermediate or advanced level of mapping, so it may make an initiate's head spin, but see if it provides you with value: http://www.baitd.bloodgame.ru/bme.htm

You can also wait until the year 2045, when I create a guide.

In the meantime, I am lurking in this dark domain for many hours of the day, and if your faith is pure and you need assistance, call on me and I will aid you as I can.
Thank you, and thank you for these resources I will use them with gusto!
Lizzieborden wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:28 pm Terrorblades
Wish I had the courage and wherewithal to create maps. If you need a beta tester, lemme know!
Will do, thank you for the offer!

patho
Still Kicking

Post by patho » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:00 pm

Seizhak has created a detailed guide. Covers all questions :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I-c9rM ... GYXVY/view
download my singleplayer blood maps The Angels' Melancholia and Pestilence

Corvin
Still Kicking

Post by Corvin » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:28 am

Daedalus, I hope the Grand MapEdit Guide can be made sooner than later. :)

Seizhak, A question, is this FAQ complete and safe to get? (I've had problems browsing your sites pages).

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:09 pm

Difficult to promise for sure when I've got 45 projects running concurrently, but I'll get there.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!