When was it possible to purchase Blood in retail?

Worship, strategy, screamshots, community discussion, fan art, and everything else.
Dead Reckoner
Pink on the Inside

When was it possible to purchase Blood in retail?

Post by Dead Reckoner » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:49 pm

Blood was released in 1997, OUWB was released in 1998. How long after the release would one still be able to walk into a store and see brand new copies of Blood on shelves? At least as early as 2003, I remember Blood already feeling like ancient history and the only opportunities I saw for obtaining it were second hand sellers online. It was the same even for Blood 2.

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Re: When was it possible to purchase Blood in retail?

Post by Daedalus » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:16 pm

This is a complicated question and I can only speak for myself on it. I barely saw Blood in stores even in 1997, and it was as if it had never existed very shortly thereafter. I did however see Blood 2 copies sit on the shelf for a while a bit later... and regrettably purchased one.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:14 pm

Some of my big box games (inherited from my uncle...Requiescat in Pace) still have recepits in them. I just now looked at the receipt in the Blood box and it says "Future Shop , Montreal " dated 25/08/97 for 47.99 CAD. after the entry "BLOO" ....They forgot the "D" at the end...*giggle*
I brought my Blood Big Box with me to Ankara along with a few other big box games I really like, and of course the 98 rig. Good thing I and 5 other "colleagues" came on a private jet with all the stuff we brought wtih us ! "Toys" 'n' clothes...LOTTA clothes
Anyways, to not go off a tangent (as is my wont):
The North America version came out May 21 1997 (so sayeth a Wiki) ....and my uncl'e's copy was still on a Future Shop shelf until Aug 25.
Ergo Blood had at least a 3 month shelf life at Future shop in Montreal.
Dixit Lizzieborden

Gunz
Still Kicking

Post by Gunz » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:40 pm

Is your uncle BIG BOSS MAN, Just curious lol. :lol:

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:25 pm

Gunz wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:40 pm Is your uncle BIG BOSS MAN, Just curious lol. :lol:
I think we chatted about this online earlier ...you had a difff handle though.
Uncle passed away a few years back (requiescat in Pace).
I guess that "BIG BOSS MAN" is the kind name that we would use....He sure was a big fellah, into vintage/classic cars he would restore
Dixit Lizzieborden