Ranking non- mod Blood weapons

Worship, strategy, screamshots, community discussion, fan art, and everything else.
Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Ranking non- mod Blood weapons

Post by Lizzieborden » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:48 pm

Which are your top 3 Blood weapons (no mods...except smoothblood) ?
I know, diff weapons for diff enemies.
So let me rephrase: Assuming you have unlimted ammo, and you are facing a horde of lower tier Cultists , what weapon gives you the most satisfaction ?
I am a traditional gal, so I like,well the shotgun, possibly TIED with the flare gun, then the dynamite.
Love the sound of cultists on fire....but the sound of the Double barrel is soooo satisfying.

Thankfully, double barrels are still legal in Canada. Yep, I LUV guns in real life. S'fun. Lottsa recoil , sure. But part of the fun. I never owned one but a BF in Alberta taught me
Dixit Lizzieborden

patho
Still Kicking

Re: Ranking non- mod Blood weapons

Post by patho » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:43 pm

Lizzieborden wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:48 pm Which are your top 3 Blood weapons (no mods...except smoothblood) ?
Same as you. My favorites are shotgun and dynamite.
download my singleplayer blood maps The Angels' Melancholia and Pestilence

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:37 pm

Hey Patho,
Yeah ..dynamite was hard for me at first and I used to hate it . But like a good film, you find out later just how good it is. And to this day I know not of any other game that gets dynamite right. Timing the fuse...using the alt function to toss arounf a corner.... Mmmmm yessss !!! Gimmee !!
Dixit Lizzieborden

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:39 pm

Tut mir leid dass ich Ihnnen nicht auf deutsch antworten kann. Aber dieser Forum is auf Englisch...und I suck at German in writing !!
Dixit Lizzieborden

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:05 pm

Haha, I think you'll get 95% of players with the same answer for this one. If there are absolutely no other considerations besides satisfaction, does anything really beat Blood's sawed-off? It's especially satisfying at higher difficulty levels where those pesky cultists fly even further away!
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:34 pm

Yeah. I prefer the blood sawed off even to the doom boomstick !
Dixit Lizzieborden

Dead Reckoner
Pink on the Inside

Post by Dead Reckoner » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:44 pm

The tommy gun would be my choice for dedicated cultist extermination since it prevents them from firing back on any difficulty setting.

For generalized killing, shotgun-flare-TNT is a solid and fun combo that can tackle most ranges and enemy damage type resistances. I try not to use the napalm launcher as much because I find it too overpowered for the amount of ammo available. While TNT has to be lit and aimed at the right arc, the napalm launcher brings huge, rapid-fire destruction at the simple press of a trigger. If that wasn't enough, the later patches for Blood added residual burning damage to the explosion.

Maybe replace one of the above with the tesla cannon for me. Picking one up and giving the nearest cultist a free x-ray is always satisfying, and it's very effective against gargoyles and hellhounds.

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:37 pm

the Tesla is fun , I agree. Weapons I really do NOT like, though, is the voodoo doll and the Skull on a stick thingie (can't think of the name right now..I am zoning out into the etheral realm betweem the worlds )
Dixit Lizzieborden