proselytizing Blood to the hapless and unwary

Worship, strategy, screamshots, community discussion, fan art, and everything else.
Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

proselytizing Blood to the hapless and unwary

Post by Lizzieborden » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:07 pm

I ahve been trying to proselytize the ways of Blood to a co-worker/ friend...and it seems to be working. She usually goes for Sim games, and ONLY sims , but blood (at easiest skill) really draws her in, especially the music and the atmosphere. She has naever played a shooter game before, or a horror themed one with a twisted sense of humor.
I hope this lasts.
Before my sales pitch,I actually had her check out some game review vids on Youtube.
The one I thought best was the one by Civvie 11: A bit long (several parts..) but funny, and spot on. Only part 1 was needed to convince Natalie to give blood a spin

SO question all of you is...
How do YOU introduce neophytes to Blood?
what is your Go-To game review vid about Blood?

Here is the one by civvie 11
(not sure why he avoided Nblood and went for GDX. Maybe Nblood was not yet out when he taped this)

Dixit Lizzieborden

Dead Reckoner
Pink on the Inside

Re: proselytizing Blood to the hapless and unwary

Post by Dead Reckoner » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:06 pm

Whenever I introduced someone to Blood in person, I usually started off with E4M1 (Butchery Loves Company) because I felt it to be a concise sample of Blood's variety in environments, weapons and enemies. If it clicks, then drop them off into the deep, cold grave of E1M1.

BlooditeDrakan's Let's Play is still my favorite LP and I think would serve well as an introduction to Blood.

For readers, The Dreaming One once wrote a review of Blood that did an excellent job of summarizing to non-believers what it is they're missing out on. It was on Blood's GOG page which unfortunately appears to be gone now.

Civvie's video must have been done before NBlood was released. The rendering and color of GDX at that time was off, so it looks imperfect.

Is Natalie playing with the CD or midi soundtrack?

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:34 pm

For readers, The Dreaming One once wrote a review of Blood that did an excellent job of summarizing to non-believers what it is they're missing out on. It was on Blood's GOG page which unfortunately appears to be gone now.
Hey, I wish the Dreaming God would REPOST his review then !!
Let's get a petition going, yes?
Is Natalie playing with the CD or midi soundtrack?
Nat prefers the CD music (as do I )
She might add some of my own extra tracks (such as "O fortuna").She is with me now and we are getting ready for work.
Dixit Lizzieborden

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:09 pm

Lizzieborden wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:34 pm Hey, I wish the Dreaming God would REPOST his review then !!
Let's get a petition going, yes?
I'm right here, and there's really no need to petition anything. :lol:
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:15 am

Hey Isee ya posted it
THX sooooo much!
kisses..
Dixit Lizzieborden

Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

Post by Lizzieborden » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:06 am

neophyte updates
Well not only has Natalie finished Blood and is now into Cryptic Passage, but she is pink in the inside which is good fora beginner !
While Iwas on shift last night , she had a night off and tried to play the Fresh supply version of blood even though I warned her to stick to Nblood.
Well she hated FS.....What did it for her were not at all the numerous mistakes and balance issues that vetarans spotted right away.(she is a beginner after all ). What turned her off was the muffled sound. Really obvious with the sawed off (her fave weapon of course)
after Cryptic she should be ready for some indie creations.
She is still green and at times screams when spiders overwhelm her . Pretty funny to watch. She is quite the arachnophobe, worse than me !
Dixit Lizzieborden

Status Cruo
Still Kicking

Post by Status Cruo » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:05 am

Well, I usually do that like I do with everything else I'm trying to introduce people to; I begin by shitting on everything they like....nah, not really, but technically this is true because any game that isn't Blood is naturally inferior to it.