Altar of Stone Forums - Updating phpBB to 3.3.8

Meta discussion and notifications regarding the website and its operation.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Altar of Stone Forums - Updating phpBB to 3.3.8

Post by Daedalus » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:41 pm

Greetings.

As part of moving the site into its next phase, I am updating the forum software to phpBB 3.3.8. While this won't immediately confer any noticeable benefit to our dark congregation, it's important to keep these things up to date so that they don't grow too stagnant. I have also upgraded the site configuration to use PHP 8.1.

I know this has caused a small period of downtime, but that is unfortunately natural with this sort of thing. I think that the downtime should be over for the time being, so everyone can exhale again.

While I am still in the process of investigating and making small visual tweaks to bring the forum in-line with how it previously appeared, it is entirely possible that some functionality might have been broken in some parts of the site. As always, if anything looks weird or doesn't behave as you think it should, please relay it in the "bug spray" thread.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Re: Altar of Stone Forums - Updating phpBB to 3.3.8

Post by Daedalus » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:40 pm

The update was successful and everything looks to be in working order behind the scenes. I will still be making some subtle visual changes throughout the course of the day, but the board should be working as expected at this point. Locking the thread.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!