fave Blood quips

Worship, strategy, screamshots, community discussion, fan art, and everything else.
Lizzieborden
Pink on the Inside

fave Blood quips

Post by Lizzieborden » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:43 pm

Any fave Blood quips (including easter eggs) , from Caleb or the cultists, or anything ?
Mine depends on my mood
Tonight my fave is "You have to have faith for that to work."-- Fright Night has some of the freakiest vamps, on a par with Salem's Lot (that kid floating out the window ,scratching the pane..Brrrr.)
Yeah im into vamps...Like to get bit..mmmm...
Dixit Lizzieborden

Dead Reckoner
Pink on the Inside

Re: fave Blood quips

Post by Dead Reckoner » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:28 pm

"Open for business" - Caleb's entrance to Morningside Funeral Home Hell

"You will know what to do when the time comes." - Tchernobog in E1M4
TILES000_238.png
TILES000_238.png (2.84 KiB) Viewed 1922 times

zombie-football
Still Kicking

Post by zombie-football » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:36 pm

Dead Reckoner wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:28 pm "You will know what to do when the time comes." - Tchernobog in E1M4
That one seemed weird to me due to the way it was predicting the future. Like, we know you will find Ophelia's body later on and if we give you some petrol you will obviously cremate her. That and there is more petrol to be found before the boss level anyhow.

I love when Caleb sings Sinatra lyrics and the 'out damn spot' bit - apparently I like avenging heroes to be cultured.

Dead Reckoner
Pink on the Inside

Post by Dead Reckoner » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:53 pm

That's an interesting interpretation. I thought the gasoline may have been a warning about what will happen if the wrong door is chosen towards the end of the map.

zombie-football
Still Kicking

Post by zombie-football » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:16 pm

The instakill doors - they were a bit fiery. I was a little disappointed there wasn't some clues to help work out the right one, as far as I could tell. I got it right first time by luck, otherwise I would have been annoyed with the game.

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:32 pm

Interesting, but "you'll know what to do when the time comes" is referring to the wall texture which transforms into teeth, informing you that that is the safe option. It is quite an interesting and peculiar part of the game, with nothing else really quite like it at all. I wonder if it wasn't an early concept that was scrapped, and this was all that was left of it.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Need a hint? Spill some on the Altar of Stone!

zombie-football
Still Kicking

Post by zombie-football » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:02 pm

Fair enough, the fact that the quote was heard when you first pick up the petrol can made me think it had to be referring to the cremation