Team Fortress

Worship, strategy, screamshots, community discussion, fan art, and everything else.
RoosterMange
Still Kicking

Team Fortress

Post by RoosterMange » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:08 am

Lately I've been playing around with the original Quake Team Fortress mod and began to wonder, "what if this same concept was tried on other boomer shooters?" I've been an avid fan of tf2 as long as I can remember, and seeing where it all started has been a refreshing experience. Now, I'm wondering if anything similar has been tried with Blood. A class-based, team-oriented mod for Blood with capture the flag, king of the hill, and attack/defense gamemodes.

There's so many possibilities for how it could work. The engineer, for example, could have a life leech turret that can't be picked up by enemies, can't be moved by explosions or other damage, and can be upgraded to have more health, a faster fire rate, and at level 3 shoot napalm balls. There's already teleporters in the game so those could be made into a deployable building that has health and can be destroyed. The dispenser is the only thing that would need to be made from scratch.

Each class could be a different cultist with their own unique look and kit, donning team-colored robes to be easily distinguishable. I think a project like this could be extremely fun with Blood's mechanics and gameplay, and once I'm finished with my episode it could be a potential future project if nothing like it exists already. Who knows, maybe it could even bring some fresh faces to the community. All of this is hypothetical, I just think it could be an interesting project to take on.
"A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me." -Pat The Bunny

Dead Reckoner
Pink on the Inside

Re: Team Fortress

Post by Dead Reckoner » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:51 pm

These teamgames by themselves with vanilla mechanics would be a good proof of concept to start with before adding player classes. Blood's campaign maps may be well suited for domination/king of the hill style gamemodes, ie E1M1 - "Blue controls the morgue, Red controls the graveyard". For the existing CTF mode, adding team-based spawnpoints would be another good foundation.